Will you be hitting the road this weekend? If so, you are in good company. According to AAA, Some 93.3 million Americans will travel more than 50 miles from home during the year-end holiday travel period (http://bit.ly/UE0NCk). That is almost a quarter of the US population.
If you are anything like us at Ruffwear, you don’t go anywhere without your four-legged companions. Some of our favorite holiday memories include stories of our dogs mistaking that lit up indoor tree for their favorite bathroom tree outside, unwrapping half of the presents under the tree in the middle of the night or perhaps even meeting the in-laws for the first time.
Here are a few things to consider taking along on your road trip:
- Collapsible Travel Bowls – One for food and one for water. Staying hydrated while traveling is very important.
- Extra Food – Make sure to bring enough to last a couple of days longer than your planned trip duration. You never know what the weather will do, or heck, you may just want to spend a couple more days with the in-laws!
- Dog Bed – Your dog will take comfort in a familiar bed even when in unfamiliar settings.
- Updated ID Tag – Make sure their tag has your cell phone on it. If you will not have a cell phone with you, have a tag made with a contact number of where you will be staying.
- Updated Shot Records – This is especially important if traveling across borders.
- Leash – Have one or two leashes handy for roadside pit stops.
- Toys! – A short game of toss helps relieve boredom and is great exercise in between long driving legs.
- Treats – What dog doesn’t like treats? Our friends at Zuke’s and The Honest Kitchen make some of our favorite!
From all of us at Ruffwear, we want to wish you a very safe and Happy Holiday Season!